Its year-round exposure to the elements can wear down your roof. Known as weathering, this is a normal process that roofing systems go through–and unless it leads to a leak, it’s not always something you should worry over. What you should be wary of, however, is storms, which can cause enough damage to your roof that they speed up its deterioration. A different major weather event can cause different types of damage. Atrium Roofing, the premier residential and commercial roofing company in the area, expounds on this here.
- Heavy Rainfall. Texas experiences the occasional rainstorm, so you probably know just how damaging heavy and persistent rainfall can be. In fact, it can loosen the mineral surface of your roofing shingles, making them lose their weather resistance. And if your roof has existing leaks that haven’t been patched beforehand, the rainstorm can make them worse, leaving your home more vulnerable to extensive water damage.
- High Wind Speeds. Hearing the wind whistling through the eaves is annoying enough, but wait until you see the damage it can do to your roof. Strong winds can blow their way under the shingles, not loosening them, but sometimes outright tearing them off. Wind-blown debris is another thing to worry about–it can crash against your roof and create openings where water can seep in and result in leaks.
Following a windstorm, you’ll probably notice a number of shingles on the ground, and when you look up, see bald patches on your roof. You’ll want to have this dealt with, so call your trusted local roofing contractor immediately. Even if it looks like your roof is intact, consult a roofing professional just the same. Wind storm damage, in some cases, can be unobtrusive.
- Hail Damage. Hailstones can be as small as a marble or as big as a golf ball. Either way, they can cause serious problems to your roof. Large hailstones can damage your roof upon impact, leaving dents, cracks, and other gaps that make it easy for rainwater to leak in. Not only that, they can knock the protective mineral granules from the shingles. Because the material is now more exposed to weather, it’s only a matter before the first leak.
- Winter Storm Damage. This is common in areas that see heavy snowfall. Winter storms can lead to a number of roofing problems. For one, snow and ice can accumulate on top of the roof, creating unnecessary pressure to its structure, and in worst cases, leading to a cave-in. The simple process of water freezing and refreezing on the roof can also cause shingles to crack, making them more susceptible to water infiltration.
When your roof has sustained storm damage, don’t hesitate to call an experienced roofing contractor for a comprehensive inspection. They can spot even the more discreet signs of roof damage, such as the loosened shingles caused by high winds, or the small dents and cracks resulting from a hailstone’s impact. Because your roofing professional is able to catch any invisible damage before it can worsen, you’re given the chance to have the issue dealt with promptly. This lets you avoid stress and costs involved with extensive repair or restoration work.
Worry-Free Storm Damage Roof Repair Services from Atrium Roofing
Any type of storm damage your roof has sustained should never be overlooked. To restore your system to its pre-loss condition–and extend its service life–just turn to Atrium Roofing for high-quality solutions. We are equipped to handle all your storm-related repair needs. Our crew members are trained and experienced to conduct a thorough assessment of your roof’s condition and determine whether the damage warrants filing an insurance claim. Then, we’ll repair and restore your system to rights to prevent further damage, and ensure it can continue delivering the excellent weather performance you expect.
More Reasons to Work with Your Atrium Roofing
Finding a reliable and experienced contractor to work on your roof storm damage inspection and repair isn’t as daunting as you might think. One way is to get referrals from family and friends. A bit old-fashioned, sure, but this can give you a clearer and more accurate idea of how a given roofer does business. Another good one is to search “trusted roofers near me” online and check out the top results–which are always Atrium Roofing.
- Credentialed. When you choose Atrium Roofing, you’ll have greater peace of mind knowing your roof storm damage repair and restoration are in the hands of a pro. We have the necessary licenses, bond, and insurance–including liability coverage and workers’ compensation–for your protection. Because we are also certified by the leading manufacturers, such as GAF® and Owens Corning®, you get access to some of the highest quality products and benefit from the extended warranty coverage included with them.
- Established. Atrium Roofing has always aimed for full customer satisfaction through superior workmanship backed by industry experience. The accredited status and A+ rating we have earned in the Better Business Bureau® is a testament to this fact. Not only that, we consistently get satisfactory reviews from our previous clients. We currently maintain 4.9/5 stars in Google My Business and 5 stars in Facebook. That’s why, when you look up “good roofers near me reviews” online, Atrium Roofing will always come up first.
- Experienced. Homeowners and commercial property managers know that when it comes to exceptional roofing and restoration services, Atrium Roofing will definitely deliver. With our trained and experienced crew, we’ll make sure the work is done perfectly right the first time. No shortcuts, mistakes, or callbacks–only unmatched results.
Should you need a roof replacement following a major weather event, look no further than Atrium Roofing. Our consultancy and customer-centric approach help ensure your project goes on smoothly from start to finish. Before we start any work on your roof, we’ll perform a comprehensive assessment of your property and let you know what things need to be done first. Our team will be more than happy to help you explore your options and decide on the one that best fits your home and needs.
Atrium Roofing is your go-to company for high-quality residential and commercial roofing services. With our effective solutions, we’ll make sure your home and roof can withstand anything the weather throws at them. We proudly serve the areas in and around New Braunfels, Converse, and San Antonio, TX. You can reach us at (210) 806-7171 or you can fill out this contact form to schedule your roof evaluation.